5 days and 4 nights in Jasper National Park – a true Winter Wonderland Adventure
To help you plan your perfect getaway in our winter wonderland, we have put together an itinerary of things to do in Jasper in the winter for 5 days and 4 nights.
The gates of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will welcome you on your way into the winter wonderland.
A couple of locals (elk) are likely to greet you as you go by the 1 KM long skating loop on Lake Mildred on the way to the entrance of the majestic Lodge.
Take it all in, breathe deeply and prepare yourself to be dazzled by the sparkling sun off the snow and the grand Rocky Mountains.
Once you arrive at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, and we suggest using this suggested itinerary for the relaxing mountain getaway you want this year.
After a gorgeous drive to the Lodge, you have arrived in the snowy wonderland and are ready for some fresh air and exquisite eats.
- A proper introduction to the Lodge always starts with a walk/snowshoe around Lac Beauvert. You can get snowshoes from the Winter Activity Centre (included with your stay). Wander along the shores of Lac Beauvert, and the 3.6 KM loop will present gorgeous views of the Lodge and many spots for photo ops.
- Once you completed your loop, stop by the Great Hall Gastro Pub to enjoying the crackling fire, check out the inspired menu and sip on some mulled wine.
Are you ready for another day of exploring the great outdoors surrounded by the best views of the Canadian Rockies?
- Start the day right with a proper breakfast in the Great Hall. The Coconut French Toast, topped with Whipped Coconut Cream, Dark Chocolate and Toasted Coconut, will fuel you up for a day on the slopes.
- Swoosh down the slopes at Marmot Basin, and take in views of the entire valley from the chairlifts. If you’re new to skiing, don’t fret as the first in class ski instructors will take you from zero to pro by the afternoon.
- After a fabulous day on the hill, we welcome you to stop in at the Emerald Lounge for warmup. Serving up your favourite coffee drinks, cocktails, beer and more!
- Next, take advantage of the outdoor heated pool.
- To top it all off, join us in the Great Hall Gastro Pub, Emerald Lounge or Orso Trattoria for dinner before returning to your cabin for a relaxing evening. Please note, Orso Trattoria is open Thursday through Saturday.
Day three calls for getting lost in the endless adventures among the soaring peaks and rugged pine forests surrounding Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
- Enjoy the majestic views while enjoying a warm breakfast from the comfort of your room.
- Experience the trails around Jasper by snowshoeing or cross-country skiing around the park. Our Winter Activity Centre will set you up with the equipment you need to explore the Lodge and Jasper National Park.
- If you’re looking to explore the Town of Jasper, then our Concierge team would be happy to recommend one of the many restaurants in town.
- Are you looking for a unique experience to Jasper National Park, then you want to explore space with the Jasper Planetarium. Concierge will assist you in making reservations for this out of the world experience.
Start the day slow by sleeping in and enjoying breakfast in bed before you head out for a winter tour and ice skating.
- Jasper National Park is bustling with winter tours we’d recommend, but our number one is the Maligne Canyon Ice Walk. Explore the depths of the canyon with a guided tour where you will explore the maze of natural ice sculptures. Please note this is weather permitting and usually starts around December 15.
- For lunch, we recommend checking out the Maligne Canyon Wilderness Kitchen or back to the Lodge for the Great Hall Gastro Pub’s Sugar Shack Chicken Sandwich!
- Skating, well hockey, is a very Canadian way to spend the afternoon. We have a groomed skating rink on Lake Mildred offering round-the-lake oval and hockey rink for pick-up games. Skate rentals available at the Winter Activity Centre.
- Even if you enjoyed Orso Trattoria the night before, you would still enjoy a different culinary experience tonight. Every day our talented Chefs create a new Italian inspired set menu for you to enjoy.
Today is bittersweet as it is the last day in the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies. We recommend soaking in the views and every last drop of relaxation.
- Breakfast or brunch you decide, sweet or savoury we have it all.
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Spa is the cherry on top for your getaway. Allow our team of spa therapists to take you on a journey of blissful indulgence with premium quality products.
Book your four-night stay and save 20% with our Take Your Time offer or discover skiing and more with one of our Best of Jasper Winter Offers.
jasper in every season
Our friendly and knowledgeable Concierge team would be delighted to assist you in planning your upcoming stay. For further assistance, please contact the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Concierge desk at 780-852-3301 or email: JPL.firstname.lastname@example.org.